Odd Network Problem with FC5+

Albert Graham agraham at g-b.net
Thu Nov 15 09:15:57 UTC 2007

Blake,

Is there some feature on your firewall that does some "intelligent"
content filtering on port 23 ? which is skipped for your intranet ?,

if so disable that feature and re-test.

(I assume the machine is not under any load and the mail queue is empty
- mailq)

I tried to connect from FC5, FC6 and RHEL 3 with the same results as
you, and from 3 countries so I'm pretty sure its a local problem and not
specific FC5 in anyway.

Al.

ps. I have a mail cluster sending 1m+ mails per day without any problems
using FC5.