qla2310 hba at boot time

Bob Kryger bobk at panix.com
Thu Nov 15 19:33:56 UTC 2007

So, I have an F7 system w/ a QLA2310 HBA. Everything works OK, when done
by hand.

But when I reboot, the kernel module is not getting loaded correctly,
the firmware not loaded, then the md not assembled and not mounted.

So I unload the module, reload the module (which loads the firmware),
assemble the md0, and mount by hand and it works.

Questions:
  Why is the module load at boot time not loading the firmware?
  Where is that module load done in the startup sequence?
  How do I approach resolution correctly, avoiding hacking the startup?

TIA
bob