pulseaudio == disaster ??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 17 13:32:05 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 06:39 -0500, Michael Wiktowy wrote:
> Well ... the command that is run on a properly functioning pulseaudio
> setup is:
> /usr/bin/pulseaudio --log-target=syslog
>
> and this is run by each user that is logged in.
> Where this is normally started up, I have no idea ... but I am still
> looking. But this is the proper command that should be run ... not the
> ones that you were using.

I haven't tried FC8 yet, but if it's like prior releases, look for the
"sessions" personal preferences editor in Gnome.  That's where you
configure what's started with a Gnome session.

KDE will have something similar, but I'm not familiar with KDE.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.