hostname

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Nov 17 21:13:02 UTC 2007

bruce wrote:
> hi...
>
> does your /etc/hosts file look like:
>
> [root at laptop2 ~]# cat /etc/hosts
> # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
> # that require network functionality will fail.
>
> 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost       laptop2

    Here are my files and you see what they should be:
[karl at k5di ~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=k5di.com
[karl at k5di ~]$ cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost
192.168.0.2     k5di.com
216.234.192.92  nameserver
216.234.213.130 nameserver

[karl at k5di ~]$