Thanks

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Nov 20 19:22:29 UTC 2007

    What a List is the Fedora List. When I got on it I was having a big
problem of some sort. In a day or two the problem was gone. It has been
this way to today.

    I was having trouble getting the old select the words with the right
mouse button, go to another place and with both right and left buttons
closed what you selected is where you want it. One member asked me if
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file had the emulate 3rd button with a yes or no. It
needs to be yes. I fixed all three systems and now this feature again
works. I bought a new keyboard and was worried I would just have to get
another computer. But now I know there is nothing wrong with this one
thanks to this List.

    A sudden change in my Thunderbird email system was a big problem. I
was swatting bugs on the Muzzila web page and then learned from the list
I had un-checked a critical part of the setup. It is always checked on a
new system. It is View -> Layout -> Message Panel, and that produces a
space below the messages where you can open them. And you can make the
space for old messages small. This solved the Thunderbird problem.

    Now I know a lot more, and more important I know what I don't know
about Fedora. I want to thank you all for your help. I would be using a
new computer for no valid reason, and using another type of Linux and
having the same exact problems without your help.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User