bcm4318 - Can It Work with Newer Kernels?

Rick Bilonick rab at nauticom.net
Wed Nov 21 15:33:25 UTC 2007

> Blacklist the bcm43xx driver and then you can simply use ndiswrapper in
> the usual way.

It is already blacklisted in the two files that control blacklisting yet
I have the problem as described. I use ndiswrapper (with the bcm43xx
blacklisted) when I run the older kernel (it's running the old version 3
firmware bcml5.inf or something similar.) I've put the new version 4
firmware in /lib/firmware after using fwcutter. I just boot with new
kernel so ndiswrapper should still be invoked.I have the latest version
of ndiswrapper available for F6. I no  longer get error messages about
the firmware being too old. It also says the radio is turned on (used to
say the radio was off). dmesg shows no errors.

Rick