Is Banshee available for Fedora?

cromworshipper-fedorastuff at yahoo.com cromworshipper-fedorastuff at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 21:42:04 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 10:51:17 AM
Subject: Re: Is Banshee available for Fedora?

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 10:04 +0530, Arijit Sarkar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I install Banshee in Fedora 8 (gnome desktop) ? I found no
 RPM
> in fedora repository. Is it available in any other 3rd-party
 repository
> or do I have to install it from SRPM.

1 "Google is your friend<tm>".

2 Just enter: banshee rpm fedora 8 :in the search bar.

3 If it exists, you will find it. Always.

4 This takes less time for everyone, instead of an email to the list.

5 Make sure to pick your arch (386, 586, 686, 64, etc.)

6 Goto 1

:) Ric

Much as I like the advice of http://justfuckinggoogleit.com/ , there's something I like even more.  To answer the OP's question:

$ yum search banshee

If that doesn't turn up what you need, then proceed to step 1.  In this case, 'yum install banshee' and done!

$ yum info banshee
Available Packages
Name   : banshee
Arch   : x86_64
Version: 0.13.1
Release: 1.fc8
Size   : 2.6 M
Repo   : fedora
Banshee allows you to import CDs, sync your music collection to an iPod,
play music directly from an iPod, create playlists with songs from your
library, and create audio and MP3 CDs from subsets of your library.