PROJECT BLACKHAT

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Nov 26 17:43:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Craig White wrote:

> there is a whole generation coming up that uses text messaging as a
> primary means of communication. Text messaging eschews
> spelling/punctuation/grammar as functionally unimportant to
> communications.
>
> If we were talking about writing papers for school, there might be a
> valid point for raising issues about spelling, punctuation and
> grammar.
>
> This however, is not a school and I find it discouraging to have to
> wade through the self-important people that want to establish rules
> that simply become off topic and unnecessary threads such as this.
>
> If the self appointed school marms would find some other place to
> practice their craft, it would be appreciated...it's not needed
> here.

good point, craig ... because, god knows, it's unthinkable that
participants on this list might waste time and several postings and
ambiguous and/or incomplete terminology when looking for help, thereby
spawning numerous replies, none of which have any value since no one
can figure out what the OP is actually talking about.

man, are we lucky that never happens here, eh?

rday

p.s.  that was sarcasm.  just to make sure there was no confusion.

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca