Help, please...

Jeff Krebs jkrebs at tconl.com
Tue Nov 27 21:46:53 UTC 2007

* marianciuc1 (marianciuc1 at gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> My name is Mihai
> I have one laptop FUJITSU-Siemens AmiloPRO 3515, with video card
> Chrome9-HC, integrated in VIA VN896 Chipset
> See
> http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/hosted/Debian-Etch-Fujitsu-AmiloPro3515.html
> For these video card, It's posible to have xv suport ? (For Skype 2.0 with
> video support)
>
> Thanks for your help

If you can only use the vesa driver, then you'll probably just use the
x11 support.  If you can use the via driver, the man page says it
supports xv video.

In order for my Fedora 8 box to support xv (with an ATI radeon), I
needed to install the packages mesa-libGL and libdrm.

I also needed to add the following lines to my /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "Module"
        Load "dri"
        Load "drm"
        Load "extmod"