recently started crashing 4 am

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Nov 27 23:09:36 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>>> I think cron.daily runs at about 4 am. Concentrate on those scripts.
>>>
>> The default is: (/etc/crontab)
>> cron.daily    4:02
>> cron.weekly    4:22
>> cron.weekly    4:42
>>
>> Mikkel
>>
> I wish people would check their "facts." :-)
>
> [summer at potoroo ~]$ cat /etc/crontab
> SHELL=/bin/bash
> PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
> MAILTO=root
> HOME=/
>
> # run-parts
> 01 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
> 02 4 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily
> 22 4 * * 0 root run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
> 42 4 1 * * root run-parts /etc/cron.monthly
> [summer at potoroo ~]$

I am missing something - how is this different then what I posted,
except that the time are more readable the way I posted them?
(hour:minute instead of minute hour?) I guess I could have added
that cron.weekly runs on the first day of the week, and cron.monthly
runs on the first day of the month, but I figured that the name
covered that. ;-)

Mikkel