command line gmail in fedora?

Alastair McKinley amckinley03 at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:48:20 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

Am I currently running Fedora Core 4 on a remote machine which I use over ssh.
I would like to be able to send email from the command line from my
gmail account to mail myself data files and graphs and such that I
generate on this box.

I tried to follow an online guide to setup Gmail for sending and
recieving but got lost half way through with SSL certs.

I actually dont want to receive my gmail on this box, just send from it.
So what are the steps required to set up to send email from Gmail?

Are there any particular difficulties with gmail? I could
alternatively use my non web-based university email account if that
would be easier, but again im not sure of the steps/applications
required.

Thanks for any help!!

Best regards,

Alastair