Fedora 8: Laptop doesn't come out of suspend

Vivek J. Patankar vivek.patankar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:47:00 UTC 2007

Huub wrote:
> I have an Acer Aspire 1350 running F8. Previously I had setup power
> management to shutdown when the battery ran out, but I changed that to
> suspend. However, I can't get the laptop out of suspend. According to
> the manual Fn-F4 should do the trick, but it obviously doesn't. Neither
> does pressing the Power button which does work on my other laptop
> (Toshiba Satellite A100-00M). The only solution is pressing the power
> button for 5 seconds (i.e. power-cycle). Does anyone have a suggestion
> to solve this?

Suspend has never worked on Acer notebooks for me with any Fedora
release, or Ubuntu for that matter. I have tried on Aspire 5004 and a
Travelmate (don't remember the model number).
I have set my notebook to hibernate and that works great. The only
problem that I know of is that bluetooth service has to be restarted if
the device was active when hibernated.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)