yumex not functioning on my f8 platform

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Fri Nov 30 03:19:20 UTC 2007

Richard England wrote:
> Sometime early this week I noticed that yumex on my f8 system was not
> showing any updates.   I was getting the pup (?) notification that
> updates existed but I couldn't see them in yumex.
> Today I change my  /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora_updates.repo file so I was
> looking at baseurl instead of mirror list and yumex still did not show
> any update but yum allowed me to add the 26 it showed as available.
>
> I try to keep a watch on this list but I saw nothing about any
> problems with mirrors or yum or yumex.    I haven't touched my yum or
> yumex set up, except to add livna, and even that I did with a rpm.
>
> What did I miss?  Anyone out there that can shed some light on what
> might have happened or suggest some diagnostics for me?
>
> Thanks,
> ~~R

Further data....  The yumex transcript shows the following when the
mirrors are activated:

. . .
8:35:58 : Setup Yum : Groups
18:36:05 : Failure getting
http://mirror.stanford.edu/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/comps-f8.xml:

18:36:05 :   --> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
18:36:05 : Trying other mirror.
18:36:11 : Failure getting
ftp://ftp.uci.edu/mirrors/fedora/linux/updates/8/i386/repodata/comps-f8.xml:

18:36:33 :   --> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
18:36:33 : Trying other mirror.
. . . . .
and a whole bunch of repeats...