basic question about assigning ip address

Jacques B. jjrboucher at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 03:51:05 UTC 2007

> I'm virtually certain they haven't withdrawn any of my IP addresses - I
> got them a long, long time ago & I'm pretty sure nothing has changed
> since then -

Easier yet, which package do you have with them?  I just checked their
site and some only provide one static IP.  One of the home packages
provides 8 static IPs (it's their new services, ADSL2 Link).  All
other home packages only provide 1 static IP.  Unless they used to
provide more and customers who were with them when they did got grand
fathered in.  They may have done that for a while but withdrew it when
they needed the IPs.  I don't know what IP ranges they have.  If only
the one in the range you provided, according to checkdomain.com the
range that they have would only give them 2040 IPs.  At 2 per customer
that would mean only 1020 customers could be accommodated at one time.

Now if you have their business ADSL service then they all provide 8
static IPs so in that case it would not be the root of your problem.

Jacques B.