Recommendation for Fedora server?

ed at hp.uab.edu ed at hp.uab.edu
Mon Oct 1 15:11:09 UTC 2007

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

>   So if you buy a 450 Watt power supply to run a server that does nothing
> most of the time, the power supply will not draw 450 watts. It will draw
> perhaps 100 Watts. This is good. The power supply is lightly loaded and will
> last much longer than if it is drawing 400 watts.
>
>   So do not worry about what the power supply is rated at. It will adjust to
> a smaller load.

Everything you said was true, and it still does not help to have a lightly
loaded 450 watt power supply drawing 100 Watts... If your target is to
draw 30 watts from the wall. In fact you validated my point that matching
the power supply is better then over buying excess capacity.

ed

p.s. You're not the only one here with an EE degree.