xosview

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Wed Oct 3 10:44:10 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 03 October 2007, Globe Trotter wrote:
> True, but xosview is simpler, less cluttered. Too bad if it is no longer
> around...

Plus it has that cool antique look - looks great in the corner beside
xclock :)

Dag has stopped updating it, but the EL4 packages from

http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/xosview/

work just fine in FC6/7...

For 8T2 I had to recompile. That took two changes:

1) spec file line 37 - change dependency from xorg-x11-devel to
xorg-x11-proto-devel

2) snprintf fails to detect by configure which causes the compile to fail. The
problem isn't with the snprintf code but with the x lib detection a few
hundred lines earlier that end up causing a stray -L being passed to the
compiler when running the snprintf test.
I really didn't dig through the detection code - but if you change the code
around like 3327 from

case $host_os in
linux*)
  LIBS="-L$x_libraries $LIBS"
  ELF_LINK_FLAGS="" ;;

case $host_os in
linux*)
  if test "x$x_libraries" != "x"; then
        LIBS="-L$x_libraries $LIBS"
  fi
  ELF_LINK_FLAGS="" ;;

you'll get by... If you care you can figure out why $x_libraries isn't set
properly - for me the quick workaround was good enough.

Peter.