main()

{

 unsigned long long k=0;

 unsigned char byte;

 while(!feof(stdin))

 {

   byte=getc(stdin);

   if(byte!=0)

     printf("nonzero (0%o) found at byte %d\n",byte,k);

   k++;

 }

 printf("file size = %d bytes\n",k);

}

J. Bruce Fields wrote:
On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 06:21:51AM -0400, Bob Kryger wrote:
Trond Myklebust wrote:
Feel free to describe your test in a bit more detail. Without more
information, we obviously can't rule out the existence of an NFS bug,
I was trying to be thorough, I hope I succeeded.

The dd test sounded simple enough, but if you could include a transcript
of the commands you ran (together with the C code of any test programs)
just to be sure, that might help.

--b.