Re: Eth1 problems again

Tim wrote:
On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 09:58 +1000, david walcroft wrote:
Bringing up interface eth1:  sysfs class device: Permission denied
Error, some other host already uses address 192.168.0.1.

Does some other host on the same network have the same address?  Other
than for special circumstances, requiring special configuration, each
interface should have a unique IP address.  That includes different
interfaces on the same computer.

Tim, as far as I can tell Eth0 and Eth1 are the only cards on my system.

 thanks  david