installation problem

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:35:41 UTC 2007

On 10/4/07, ethan hunt <sir_ethan3 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi
> i'm a new user in fedora core 7 i would like to ask why my installation stop
> or hangs up when i'm using a pci ex video card? what will i do? my video
> card specs is ge force 7300 series what shall i do.
>
> thanks
>
> erik

If your computer also has on-board video the installer probably got
confused as to which device to use. In any case, try text mode
install:

1. Type "linux text" after booting the installation CD/DVD and proceed
with the installation.
2. Upon completion of the installation run "system-config-display" and
configure your video card and monitor.

After installation you might consider obtaining Nvida drivers from the
Livna repository, http://rpm.livna.org/. Instructions for adding the
repository to yum are available at
http://fedorasolved.org/post-install-solutions/yum-config .