OT (most likely) strange modem disconnection when using USB drives

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 22:24:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 14:12 +0930, Tim wrote:

> TV servicing is another bad one, where you're reaching into the guts of
> a set, and it's next to impossible to avoid touching things around you.

Steve Jobs discouraged his users from dinking around in the innards of
the early Macintosh's by providing some unfriendly high voltage sections
under the cover that you could easily brush up against. With my old
Apple ][ you had to periodically push the ram chips back into their
sockets, which was done while it was running if you felt lucky. I never
had a problem. Ole Jobs continues to astound me. IMHO, If it wasn't for
Woz, he'd be barefoot and sipping wine coolers around old rich dames.

<cackles> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar