(FC6+Gnome) Printing disabled in Evince and OOo

Frode Petersen fropeter at online.no
Sat Oct 6 17:33:45 UTC 2007

Les wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 17:48 +0200, Frode Petersen wrote:
>> OOops! This was the machine with FC6, not F7. Sorry!
>>
>> Frode Petersen
>>
> Hi, Frode,
> 	I have found recently that I have to highlight the printer before the
> greyed out print button will become usable.  Hope this helps.  I have
> print to file and print to fax as well as my printer on my system.
>
> Regards,
> Les H

I have print to file. If I select it immediately after opening the
dialog, the print button becomes usable, but if I then select one of the
printers (one printer, different setups) it is disabled again. If I then
select print to file, the button does not activate. I have to close and
reopen the dialog to get print to file working again.

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't noticed this behavior earlier.

Frode