rpm and wget -c

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 7 03:46:59 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> I've just remembered something:  There's a yum.conf option for
>> keeping the cached files.  Perhaps your caching option is off, and
>> it doesn't handle broken downloads very well.

Ric Moore:
> more yum.conf
> [main]
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
> keepcache=1
> debuglevel=2
> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
> exactarch=1
> obsoletes=1
> gpgcheck=1
> plugins=1
> metadata_expire=1800
>
> I got it set correct with the "1" ?

That's correct.

The metadata_expire is the number of seconds it'll remember the
filelists for (what's available, updated, etc.).  If you were issuing
yum commands one after another, and taking a while between each issue,
and it had already downloaded the list successfully, this is the amount
of time that it'll avoid getting the list again.  You could increase it,
but it'd only have an effect if you've managed to get the list.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.