Re: Wget use

Karl Larsen wrote:
I decided to get the F7 live CD .iso file and use wget. I did the first part using my web browser and I found a source for this file in CA which is as close as possible. I had to find a source that uses FTP. As the man pages say wget will only work with a FTP source.

A man page last updated in the previous century perhaps. The man page in Fedora 7 says, and I quote - "GNU Wget is a free utility for non-interactive download of files from the Web. It supports HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP protocols, as well as retrieval through HTTP proxies."

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218