Re: [off topic but appropriate] Re: Can't compile Fortran in Fedora 7

Tim wrote:
with some monumental snippage George Yanos sent:
If you can't do it in Fortran, do it in assembly language. If you
can't do it in assembly language, it isn't worth doing.

00
C4
C2
19
C2
C4
00
00

I used to do the 8088 instruction set. I can't remember the above opcodes though. As to assembly language...I've been doing it on IBM mainframes over 20 years now. I've produced punched card decks. I've loaded punched card decks for reading in. I used 3270 terminals -- real ones.

These days, a real programmer is one who can adapt to the current languages, learn them, and use them to his or her advantage. Manipulate them so they serve the needs of today's project. Programming has one common denominator -- you must use logic to program well.

With that said, I'm starting to definitely prefer Java. The Java language has opened my eyes to a whole new world of web services. I'm sure other languages access web services too, and I'm happy to dabble with them.

Bob Cochran