mplayer without libmp3lame support

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Oct 9 00:23:12 UTC 2007

Res wrote:

> Talking about mp3 on fedora.* lists is akin to profusley swearing :)

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  It is a well know fact that the Fedora
Project is primarily supported by Red Hat and that Red Hat is a US company.
 As a US company Red Hat, and thus Fedora, is required to operate under the
laws of the US.  It is the same as if one decides to register and open an
business in Brisbane.  They would have to abide by the laws of Australia and
Queensland.  One doesn't have to like it...but one does have to follow the
law or suffer the consequences.

> but to hell with them, so you can grab it from freshrpms. If you cant
> connect to it you can also get it here for a day or so...
> http://www.ausics.net/lame-3.97-1.fc7.i386.rpm

Not all people in the world can get it from there.  The owners/admins of
ausicsl.net are apparently xenophobic and arbitrarily block IP address from
various geographies.