Re: The case against NetworkManager

> > It sends out a message saying something like "Get a better card".
> > Basically, I believe the Orinoco card does not support
> > the kind of scanning that NM uses.
>
> That is a fault in the driver that needs to be fixed. Make sure you have
> a bug report filed.

NM assumes scanning features not present in all hardware: amongst its
countless other problems and flaws - inability to handle static
addressing, bluetooth support, auto/no-autoconnect, handling hidden
stations, not exploding if fed the 'million base station' attack,
unwillingess to shut up and save power...

Oh and probably a few others.

Alan