Random Evolution Crashes

Tony Crouch acrouch2 at une.edu.au
Wed Oct 10 03:44:22 UTC 2007

Hi Ric,
> Re: Random Evolution Crashes

>       * From: Ric Moore <wayward4now gmail com>
>       * To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list redhat com>
>       * Subject: Re: Random Evolution Crashes
>       * Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 23:32:02 -0400

> On Wed, 2007-10-10 at 11:12 +1000, Tony Crouch wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> > I turned on my machine this morning and it seems Evolution is having a
> > few difficulties.
> >
> > The version of Evolution (and associated plugins) I am using is:
> >
> > > [tony localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep evolution\*
> > > evolution-data-server-1.10.3.1-2.fc7
> > > evolution-data-server-devel-1.10.3.1-2.fc7
> > > evolution-2.10.3-4.fc7
> > > evolution-webcal-2.10.0-1.fc7
> >
> > It seems to crash randomly, despite working perfect since I first
> > installed (Fresh-install that is) of F7 about a week and a half ago.
> >
> > It gives no warning or error, just closes.
> >
> > I was wondering if someone might be able to step me through the steps to
> > file a bug / incident report for this problem.
>
> Mine does the very same thing, but it auto-generates an email to the
> developers containing the trace. I get email back a day later stating
> that a bug report has been automatically filed. Pretty nifty. Not sure
> what enables this feature. I have these installed:
>
> # rpm -qa |grep evolution
> evolution-connector-2.10.3-1.fc7
> evolution-webcal-2.10.0-1.fc7
> evolution-2.10.3-2.fc7
> evolution-remove-duplicates-0.0.2-6.fc7
> evolution-data-server-1.10.3.1-2.fc7
> evolution-data-server-devel-1.10.3.1-2.fc7
> evolution-devel-2.10.3-2.fc7
>
> Hope this helps some, but the bug is annoying as hell. Ric

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention it automatically files a report with the gnome bugzilla. I received,
as you mention, an email confirm it has been filed successfully earlier this morning.

I presuming this is adequate and the bugzilla does not need to be "doubled up" by also adding it
to the redhat bugzilla engine also? Am happy to oblige if you feel it is required.

Hopefully we'll get a fix soon.

All the best.

Cheers,
Tony Crouch