Re: 2.6.23 kernel

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Gene Heskett wrote:

It's not a problem here <smirks>, Ric.  Uptime on a 2.6.23 kernel here is
21h04m ATM.  Its stable for me so far, and possibly a few percent faster when
busy, but that's a bit hard to quantize.  I have been running the current
Linus development kernel here for about 3, maybe 4 years now.  With lots of
modules, not builtin.  I haven't been bitten more than 2-3 times in that same
period.  Stock, as in distro, kernels have bitten me many times more than
that.

Knew I wasn't the only one :)
Interesting though, what was the problems with the kernel.org kernel, if you just copy your .config into new kern dir shouldnt have any real problems.

--

Cheers
Res

Slackware -V- sloooUbuntoooou