Video streaming

I've been asked to set up video streaming on our intranet using preexisting AVI/XviD files and I'm somewhat at a loss as to what I should or could be doing.  I've downloaded and set up VLC on an F7 box and was able to set up a single stream using the GUI.  At this point I'm able to view the stream using mplayer, but I'm only able to stream one video at a time.  Is there some other way to do this so a user can view whatever videos we have available at any time rather than having to explicitly deploy the file stream in VLC?

BTW I already tried out Darwin and that didn't work for me at all.  I could play the sample files Apple provided, but I could not use any of my own files.

Thx for your attention...