Re: symlink of /home causes mail delivery failure

On 10/11/07, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak <mjc avtechpulse com> wrote:
>> Is there any reason that procmail (or anything else) would fail if
>> /home is a symlink?
>>
>    I would not know. Depends on the type of link perhaps? My /home is
> also in a different partition but I connect it to this main tree with an

I was hoping to avoid dedicating a whole partition to /home, so I'm
trying the symlink approach instead. Except procmail doesn't seem to be
doing the right thing...

- Mike

IMO  a separate partition is a very sensible idea, it allows you to upgrade and re-install the system without losing your precious data.  However in this case a bind mount might solve your problem:

mount -rbind /where-ever/home /home