eth0:0

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Oct 11 13:19:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 19:57:08 +0200,
  waleed zedan <walleed222 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> How can I  remove the interface eth:0:0 , I try to
> remove the file eth0:0-cfg but it is not in the network-scripts directory ,
> please advice

Probably you want to look at System->Administation->Network as that as
where you most likely created the device.

If you need a way to have an interface on multiple networks, the modern
way to do this is using the ip command, rather than creating fake
interfaces. Having these kind of setups set up at boot time isn't supported
with the current network definition structure in /etc. There is a project
called /etc/net that claims to be better but I haven't tried using it.
I usually just put ip commands in rc.local when I need unusual setups.
However doing that breaks using the service commands for networking, so
it isn't a general solution.