[Fedora] Re: SELinux Attack!

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Oct 12 15:20:04 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
>> touch /.autorelabel
>>
>> and reboot. It might fix things.
>>
> Hi I did that and looked at dmesg and it says even though I have tried
> to turn off SELinux 4 times it is still coming up in passive mode! Is
> there a way to for SURE turn off SELinux?
    You never tried to turn it off, so of course it comes up at every
reboot.  Auto relabeling just does that, relabels stuff for SElinux.
You can set SElinux to "disabled" if you so desire.  Some folks like to
use the security-config option for that, others prefer editing
/etc/sysconfig/selinux .  Whatever method you choose, you have to reboot
after that and you'll notice just before your services start up, SElinux
will come up and go into disabled mode...  There are way too many things
within FC that relies on SElinux, so you can't REMOVE it, but you can
turn it off as mentioned above.