Re: SELinux Attack!

Vinayak Mahadevan wrote:
I thought it was localhost not
resolving.  The answer is that your machine can't resolve its own name.
"k5di" is not defined in /etc/hosts, and your DNS servers are public
ones.  What is your full hostname?  k5di.xyz.com - what is the "xyz.com"
part of your machine's name?

I had the same problem of sendmail and other net-related services
starting after a delay. I first thought that selinux was the problem
and then i had turned it off. That also did not solve the problem.
Then once i changed my dns servers setting (Now I use opendns.com dns
servers) I have not faced any problems and all the services are
starting properly

FWIW

Vinayak

I have had all those problems in the past years. But this problem yesterday was in fact caused by SELinux. I say that because different from your experience when I turned off SELinux all the problems went away.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User