Re: import/export evolution mail?

On 10/15/07, Justin Conover <justin conover gmail com> wrote:
> If I want to transfer evolution to another box, what is the best way to back
> it up?  I've tried copying the .evolution in my home directory but when I
> bring up evolution it wants me to start from scratch.

I don't recall where I got this from, so I shouldn't get the credit for it:

Backup:

gconftool-2 --shutdown
evolution --force-shutdown
gconftool-2 --dump /apps/evolution > ~/$SETTINGS
tar cfz $SAVE_FILENAME -C ~ --exclude=.evolution/mail/imap .evolution
.gconf/apps/evolution .gnome2_private/Evolution

Restore:

gconftool-2 --shutdown
evolution --force-shutdown
tar xf $SAVE_FILENAME