Removing artsd

I read an article on powertop from intel. This program parses out what programs you are running which wake up your kernel from ACPI C3 or C4 states. I have my Thinkpad down to about 70 wakeups per second and down to 25 with USB suspended. But artsd then becomes with 'favourite' culprit.

Does anyone know where/how artsd is normally started. It is not in my /etc/init.d and grepping both /etc/init.d and /etc/sysconfig returns no hits. But 'ps -ae | grep artsd' always returns a hit and pid (unless I have already killed it, of course).

So, where does it come from?
Geoff