GRUB Question

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 18 04:48:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 17:27 -0500, John Pierce wrote:
> title Mandriva GRUB
>         rootnoverify (hd1,0)
>         chainloader +1
>         makeactive
>         boot

Just by the by, it started booting with the chainloader line, so never
got as far as touching the next two commands.  If you need to add
commands, like makeactive, they have to come earlier in the piece.

I have done this sort of thing before, had it working quite nicely, and
I don't recall it being difficult to set up.  My recent attempt didn't
work, but it's the same sort of approach as what you've done.  Though,
you might change the (hd1,0) to something like (hd1).

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.9-91.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.