multi-core CPU support

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 19:48:21 UTC 2007

On 18/10/2007, Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 October 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I've got the same CPU in my Dell Inspiron. In both Fedora 6 (I could
> > not install 7 on this machine) and Ubuntu Feisty, the KPowerManager
> > app works fine, including CPU scaling. I don't know how to check the
> > daemons, but apps that perform CPU scaling apparently work just fine.
>
> Which Inspiron?  I've got an Inspiron 640m with Core2 Duo here, and F7 works
> fine.

Inspiron 6400 / E1505 with ATI X1400 video and 1680x1050 widescreen. 2
GHz Duo Core 2, 2 GB RAM, Intel wifi, 80 GB 7200RPM hard drive.

The video has been a problem with every distro that I've installed,
with the exception of FC6 and Ubuntu Feisty. I've got an Ubuntu Gutsy
disk in there now, trying to sort itself out. F7, OpenSuse 10.3, and a
few other fell on their faces with that ATI card.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.