Re: Grub Manual

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

   For example look at this working grub.conf entry:

Figure 3:
title Fedora (2.6.22.9-91.fc7)
       root (hd0,5)
       kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.22.9-91.fc7 ro root=/dev/sda5  quiet
       initrd /initrd-2.6.22.9-91.fc7.img

From our work above we are not interested in the title but we want
to figure out what the root is. It says hd0,5 which means in words
hard drive 1, partition 6 which can be also written /dev/sda6.

   Notice kernel and initrd and see they are just written as, for
example kernel /vmlinuz... This means the two files are in the root
directory.

no, they're not.  but don't let that stop you from disseminating yet
more misinformation.  it's what you do best, karl.

rday
And you are so stupid you make these total wrong statements. Of course the files are in the root or / directory since they are in their own partition. Thanks for all your help rday. I could not get anything done without it.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User