Re: How can I prevent terminal boot messages from being cleared

: > John, are you sure "--clear" _prevents_ clearing on your system.
: > I just replaced  the "-- noclear" strings in my /etc/inittab with
: > "--clear" (note the removal of the space) and now I get a long list of
: I can't read my own typeing:
: 1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --noclear tty1
:
: Let's be easy on Karl for a moment, he was trying to help, and we've
: both demonsrated we can be twits.

You are, of course, correct regarding my remark to Karl.  My sarcasm
was uncharitable and uncalled for.  Karl, if you are reading this,
please accept my apology.

Dean