Re: Transfer F7 partition to a new hard disk

Paul Smith wrote:

> I have just bought a new hard disk. Could someone please tell me how
> can I create a clone of my F7 partition in the new hard disk?

Other people have suggested using dd.
I strongly advise against this.
I would use "cp -a" or rsync.

I think the word "clone" is slightly misleading.
Presumably you want a copy which works in the same way as the original.
For that it is better to use "cp -a", and give the partition a new label,
with e2label, to avoid confusion.