Samba Q?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Oct 21 21:35:41 UTC 2007

Greetings;

Trying to make samba work to the f7 on my lappy fails, I had to reverse it and
link from f7 to this machine, which did work.

My main question is "How do I tell samba/cifs to allow lengthy passwords?"

My root password is too long unless entered interactively from the keyboard.
Where is the bottleneck?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)