booting newer kernels

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Sun Oct 21 22:25:44 UTC 2007

On Sun October 21 2007, Andy Green wrote:
> If starting up as a "single user" doesn't cut it (add 's' to the grub
> commandline) I guess the best way is to either pop the b43 mini PCI card
> out for one boot, or come up in the rescue environment.

Or Gene could just press the "i" key during early boot. That will put him in
interactive mode allowing him to decline start of various things. Without
knowing exactly at which stage the process is backfiring, I don't know if
this would help, but, it would take under two minutes to try.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA