kde 3.5.8 for fc6?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 22 12:17:57 UTC 2007

Probably said by Strong, but it wasn't attributed:
>>> By the way, I've heard here some people use Fedora for servers! -
>>> How do they solve the problem on short period support?

Tim:
>> My guess:  Continuing to operate the server with outdated software,
>> past the end-of-life period.
>>
>> I have an internal mail and webserver in that situation.  But I'd be
>> loathe to do that with a public one.

Strong:
> And here comes the problem: how do they do this for public.

We could only guess, we can't *know* how someone else does it unless
they say how.  They may well just carry on using un-updated software,
just hoping that it won't be a problem.  They could compile software
from the sources.  They might on update to the new releases of Fedora
and transfer their own files over.

My update strategy has usually been to install to a new harddrive, if
I'm not installing to a completely new computer.  Get that new system up
and running.  Copy over the old data to the new system.  Put that new
system on-line.  Keep the old system as a backup for a prolonged period.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.