New horizon's

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Oct 23 22:50:11 UTC 2007

Mark Haney wrote:
> David Boles wrote:
>> on 10/23/2007 4:31 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:

>>>     Because a change to a system without directories will be more
>>> than I want to learn and I'm not at all sure it is good.
>>

>> Now you really have me confused. "a system without directories"? From
>> where are you getting this information? I don't recall anyone saying
>> anything such as this.
>>

> I, too, am interested in this.  I know ext4 is the next version of the
> ext filesystem, but everything else mentioned by you has to my
> knowledge NOT been hinted at on any of the lists I'm on.  Facts, man,
> give us facts.

    Sorry I can't give you facts. I am just thinking where Fedora is
going. I have today answered myself why /dev/sda changes while /dev/hda
is constant. I don't like it by the way. It makes writing a grub.conf
very difficult.

    I need to learn more about all this. Or go back to FC6.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User