/dev/sda and /dev/hda

As I have been working with 2 hard drives I have discovered for certain that both hard drives change to /dev/sda when a partition on them is booted. It happens that one is found at /dev/sdf and the other is found at /dev/sdb. This leads to confusion and in my case I am not sure what to think.

Is this changing the disk drives a feature or is it a bug? If not a feature I will write a bug soon.

   I understand the /dev/hda stays the first hard drive.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User