Re: USB drive on server?

Ted Marshall wrote:

Now it may be that some devices use better algorithms and will give you a longer life. (I would expect that a US$5000 "sold-state disk" will have implemented things better and would have a much longer life.) On the other hand, if you run out to Fry's and buy a $10 1GB USB stick, don't expect it to last vey long.

You just reminded me, I've recently seen laptops advertised, with SSDs installed. Those should be fairly robust, low-power and quiet.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait