Top Posting Question

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 05:18:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 17:33 -0700, sam wrote:
> hey...
>
> here in cali, north of san jose/santa cruz.. a friend of mine told me the
> other day that he has dialup... and my mother still uses dialup modem to get
> access to the 'net...
>
> modems are still alive.. although.. slowwww! unless i misssed the thread, in
> which case ignore!

I just had to dink with my init-strings today as my modem started making
squalling noises when it started to dial. Thank God I ran an 8 line BBS
and had to dink with init strings on a regular basis, in the FIDO-NET
days. I'm now miles from DSL service and let me tell you, it hurts. I've
made the adjustment and have plenty of space games to play waiting for
dnloads to complete. Running yum-update nightly is out of the
question. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar