Top Posting Question

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Oct 25 17:03:54 UTC 2007

Mark Knoop wrote:
> Jonathan Allen wrote:
>> Why
>> doesn't thunderbird open at the bottom by default, with a user-option to
>> open at the top if you really want to ?
>
> It does. Ensure that mail.identity.default.reply_on_top is set to 0
> (Config Editor).

This message is composed in Thunderbird (2.0.0.6) and it automatically
starts below the quote.

In the Account settings > Composition and Addressing, select
Automatically quote .... and then select select "Start my reply under
the quote"

I usually don't look at top posted messages and will move quotes from
Top posted message if I reply.

--
Robin Laing