Re: Bug report added

Karl Larsen wrote:
Next I must turn off this computer and come up with the rescue CD so that neither computer is boot up. In this case with fdisk I found both hard drives have changed. The hard drive that had been /dev/sdf is now dev/sda. The one which had been /dev/sda is now /dev/sdb. How did this happen?

Finally I boot up the computer on /dev/sdf3 and it becomes /dev/sda. To my surprise I am booting it from /dev/sdb and not /dev/sdf. Here is what my grub.conf looks like.

When booting from /dev/sdf3, how do you do it? Do you by any chance switch the boot order of harddrives in BIOS? I think that would account for the discrepancy you're seeing (the current boot drive would be recognized as /dev/sda, no matter the physical order).