Top Posting Question

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 05:12:57 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 00:58 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 09:15 +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> > Are you using yum-presto to reduce the size of your update downloads?
> >
> > Jonathan
>
> Sure am! At least it reports the module is there.
> I wish there was a way to presto the doggone filelists dnloads. THAT
> would save a pile of time. It's been faster to fire up firefox, hit the
> webpage of the everything or update files, copy file location, fire up
> wget -c <filename.rpm> to get a single file. Getting past megabyte
> filelist information is the killer via a modem. Presto'ing that would be
> sweet. Ric

You'll want to make sure you've got
"deltaurl=http://lesloueizeh.com/f7/i386/updates"
in /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo (assuming you're running F7
i386).

I'm working on reducing the download size for filelists and primary, but
at the moment the highest priority is getting the official Fedora
repositories presto-enabled.

Jonathan